Restorative Yoga is a journey to a state of well-being, far from the normal activity of body and mind. By channeling the body’s energies – wind, blood, lymph – through specific pathways, this restorative yoga creates a deep sense of relaxation and restorative. All categories of asanas are practiced – flexion, extension, torsion, lateral stretching and inversions – in a total relaxation thanks to the support of bolsters, blankets, straps, blocks and eye pads. Each posture is maintained between 3, 5 & 20 minutes, giving enough time to relax the body and move through the parasympathetic nervous system leading to an experience of rest and well-being. During this course, you will practice a complete sequence of regenerative postures (each posture is designed for a specific energy result).
Following this practice, you will learn:
- Postures of Restorative Yoga.
- How to create a therapeutic yoga restorative sequence to improve your well-being and that of your students.
- How to teach two courses of restorative consistent yoga, including (guidance and instructions) breathing, postural posture and alignment, warnings and contraindications.
- How to demonstrate yoga restorative postures, their common modifications and the necessary variations for students, with or without special conditions.
- As well as the best way to offer these workshops in yoga studios where there is not much material.